Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just Like A Rose.

Once merely a seed,
We were something unthought of, uncreated;
yet often contemplated.
Just like a rose;
Planted with care, we wait to grow.
Neither of us know our potential,
Like water to a seed, its you I need: you're essential.
Staring into your eyes, I find my heart fertilized in the soil of your existence;
Infatuated by gentle strokes and tender kisses.
You swept me off my feet, planted deep in my garden,
my feelings harden.
Just like a rose,
we continue to grow;
As we emerge from the ground,
all the more weak I become to your touch, your smell, your sound.
We were radiant in color,
Our bond envied by others.
It was our prime season,
our beauty needed no reason.
Nights of crying, cuz our garden was tainted with weeds and dandelions.
Gripping with my life, my heart began to bleed.
Perhaps I was holding on too tight, Intrigued by your innermost perplexities.
Just like a rose,
I was pricked by the thorns of your past.
With reluctance I masked my desires of wanting this flower to last.
Slowly becoming drained of life and love; it withers to shrub.
The petals fall like the tears on my pillow;
Once a rose, now a weeping willow.
Like a broken heart, fragile and frail;
I keep its remains, every stem has a joyous story to tell.
Never regretting letting you plant your seed in my soul,
But love comes and goes........just like a rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment